Women’s jackets are a fresh way to update your look this spring. A jacket is perfect for work, and can also make a statement for casual or evening wear.
If you want one new piece to add to your wardrobe, make it a jacket. Here are 10 ways to wear them this spring:
1. Take a cue from the old boys club and add a tailored blazer to your spring wardrobe. Use a tailored jacket in a neutral color, such as cream or grey, to tone down separates in citrus colors, or the crayon brights that are so hot this spring.
2. Layer a jacket over your strappy party dress for an evening look with impact. Great for chilly evenings as well.
3. A bold blue or navy blazer is a perfect way to top a classic button-up shirt in crisp white. This works well over tailored pants or your favorite trousers for the office, and jeans for evening.
4. Add casual sophistication to cropped pants by shrugging on a summer seersucker blazer. A fresh color like blue and white strips is fun, yet can still be business-like for the workplace.
5. The safari look is huge this spring, and there are many safari jackets to choose from. One idea is to find a belted safari jacket, which adds a bit of sophistication, so you can wear it to work, and then in the evening. Belt it over a full skirt for a cool, feminine silhouette.
6. A jacket that is fitted to the hips works for most body types. For a trendy look, try the longer boyfriend jacket.
7. A classic jacket has two buttons. Three buttons give you a more conservative look. Double breasted jackets have a nautical feel.
8. A jacket doesn’t have to match your bottoms. Mix and match your items to create your personal style.
9. Sharply defined shoulders are in, but shoulder pads from the 80s are not.
10. School boy and tuxedo jackets are very big this season. They go from work to evening with style. Try wearing them with everything from a skirt, to jeans, to shorts for summer.
Source by Lynda Goldman